Difference Between Mountain Bike Headlights & Road Bike Headlights
Mountain bike headlights are bike front lights specially designed for offroad riding activities. The riding is usually performed in more complicated and server weather and condition compared with commuting riding. Thus mountain bike front lights and road bike lights have different requirements and performances. Following is some differences of mountain bike lights compared with road bike lights.
- More Powerful & Brighter Commuting biking is usually with backlights from street lamps, buildings or other traffics. However off-road riding is performed in places without any or at least very few of backlights. Thus most mountain bike headlights are with higher and strong light output.
- Longer Run Time For urban commuters, it usually takes them not that long time to get office from their home or the other way around. Thus the run time of a road bike light could be around 1 hour. However, for mountain biking riders prefer night riding, over-night riding is regular entertainment and a run time of serveral hours seem to be quite essential for them. And some might even carry spare battery pack in case one battery pack isn’t enough to survive the long night.
- Different Light Beam It’s quite common for commuting bikers use white front light to see and red tail lights to be seen. However, most mountain bike headlights are usually white in LED color since to see the surroundings environment is privilege task for their ride. And many riders trend to use a flood light on bike handlebar and a focused light on helmet or headlamp to see path far away.
- Better Shockproof Shockproof is really important for mountain bikers since bumpy roads seem to be inevitable for them. Without shockproof design, the headlights might keep moving from one side to the other, or turn off by accident due to shocks. That’s also why there are so many people use bike flashlight as road bike lights, but we never suggest use it for mountain riding.
- Mode Settings It’s an vital task for road bike lights to be seen, thus road bike headlights or taillights are usually designed with flashing/blinking modes to catch attention of other traffic. However, as mentioned above, the privilege purpose of mountain bike headlights is to see, thus they usually only set with different levels of brightness.
Off course there are even more differences, but we would just list these differences here. You are also welcomed to visit our previous post “What Kind of Bike Light Should I Get?” to find more differences and other kinds of bike lights in the market.
Feature List Of ProLites Mountain Bike Headlights
There are many features of the mountain bike headlights from ProLites. Following are some of them:
- Super Bright All mounta bike lights utilizes the original Cree XM-L2 T6 LED as light source and provides ultra bright and strong flood light for mountain bike cyclists.
- IP66 Waterproof Each mountain bike headlight is well connected with waterproof rubber o-ring sealed on each connecting part. And our battery pack is also waterproof so riders could use our lights in pouring rains without worrying about the rain.
- 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy Housing ProLites mountain bike front lights are built with 6061-T6 aluminum alloy material with hard III oxidization treatment which makes its housing anti-scratch. And the aluminum alloy housing also offers better heat dissipation and durable quality for outdoor activities.
- Center-positioned Mounting System Instead of using the traditional o-ring rubber mount, ProLites use unique center-positioned mount which protects headlight beam shoot from sliding to left or right for carved bike handlebar. It also fixed the light right in the middle tightly without any movementeven if riding on bumping roads at ultra high speed.
- USB Charging Cable Except for the traditional charger for bike light battery pack, ProLites also provides an option of unique USB charging cable to charge the battery pack. The USB cable enables riders charger the battery pack with their mobile phone charging adapter regardless which country riders from.
Mountain Bike Headlights List
Cree XM-L2 T6 2000lm super bright mtb bike lights with center-positioned mount and high & low beam design.
2000lm LED mountain bike lights with 2pcs Cree XM-L2 LEDs and USB power bank charging output port.
2000lm super bright rechargeable MTB LED lights for mountain biking with 2pcs Cree XM-L2 T6 LEDs.